Remote Desktop tool for FreeBSD

simon butsana spbutsana at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 18 08:19:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

  Does anyone know of a remote X client that can be used to establish a remote X session with a FreeBSD box.
  As an example, I would greatly like to test a tool with features similar to Microsoft's "Remote Desktop".

  Thanks,

  Simon

Roger Olofsson <raggen at passagen.se> a écrit :

Steve Franks skrev:
> I just had this problem this week - drives are fine until you access
> one and then disappears.
>
> Checked my bios monitor page and 12V was only 11.8V. Changing from a
> 300W to a 500W power supply magically fixed the problem...
>
> I don't claim that this is necessarily your problem, but it caught me
> off-guard and it's worth looking at.
>
> Steve
>
> On 7/16/07, Roger Olofsson wrote:
>> Dear mailing list,
>>
>> I have 2 IBM HDs and one WD HD (ata) in an old pc and for some reason
>> FBSD 6.2 can't find the IBMs on a warm-boot. Cold-boot is fine and, the
>> WD is fine.
>>
>> The motherboard is an old Aopen AX34 and all settings are default except
>> for ACPI that's off.
>>
>> The first thought that came to mind was that one of the IBMs are going
>> bad, but, I find it very unlikely that both HDs are doing it. One is a
>> 120 and one is an 80gigger but both 'vanish' on warm-boot.
>>
>> Some other setting in bios than ACPI?
>>
>> Grateful for any answer,
>>
>> /Roger

Thank you for your answer. I'll check the PSU and if necessary replace it.

Simon-Pierre Butsana
  spbutsana at yahoo.fr

  "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."  —Isaac Asimov