moving /home to new drive

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Wed Jul 18 05:34:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have just installed an additional drive to my FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p6
machine. I'd like to use this drive exclusively for /home.

Currently /home is a link to /usr/home. Can I just mount (haven't done it
yet) the new drive with the mount point /home then delete the symlink (?)
and move the files from /usr/home to /home? Or do I need to delete the
symlink first and only then try to mount the new drive as /home?

Can it break something? Is the procudure safe? Thank you in advance!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot