Integrating Postfix + Amavisd-new + Clamav + DSpam + DBmail

Oliver Peter hoschi at mouhaha.de
Tue Jul 17 16:19:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 05:21:49PM +0545, Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anybody on this list has successfully implemented the
> following setup on a FreeBSD machine?
>
> Postfix + Amavisd-new + Clamav + DSpam + DBmail (PostgreSQL)
>
> Can I use the following diagram for this?
>
> Postfix --> Amavisd-new --> Clamav --> Amavisd-new --> DSpam --> Postfix
> --> DBmail-lmtpd --> DBmail-Database?
>
> Is this the correct or optimal setup?
>
> Being relatively new to the world of MTAs, please forgive me for any
> naive questions.
>

> Any pointers, suggestions and tips will be highly appreciated.

I'm using  FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p2 with Postfix, Cyrus-SASL2, amavisd-new, clamav
and dbmail (only IMAP with stunnel) with a pgsql backend.

I would like to switch back to a filesystem based e-mail backend
(maybe dovecot) - feels better to me.  Furthermore I think that dbmail
has no good pgsql support (it has some bugs with IMAP) -
maybe you would like to try mysql instead (*hirgs*).

If you would like I can show you my configuration files and table
structures.

--
Oliver PETER, email: hoschi at mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."