IBM HDs vanish on warm-boot?

Rob r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Tue Jul 17 15:24:35 UTC 2007

Derek Ragona wrote:
> At 04:54 PM 7/16/2007, Roger Olofsson wrote:
>> I have 2 IBM HDs and one WD HD (ata) in an old pc and for some reason
>
> IBM had some utilities for those drives which are now supported by
> fujitsu.  You should run the drive fitness utility.  Also there was a

No, IBM's low-end hard drive biz was bought out by Hitachi, not Fujitsu.  What era IBM drives are these?  IBM basically got out of the IDE drive business after the cluster f**k that their junk "death star" drives proved to be.  If you have any of those old junkers, it's amazing they work at all.

  -RW