6.2-RELEASE-p6 panic on boot

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Tue Jul 17 02:01:44 UTC 2007

Hi!

A machine of mine is panicking during cold boot on FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE-p6. No kernel dump is available, as the panic occurs so early.

My machine is an Athlon XP 2000+ on an ECS K7S5A-Pro (SIS735 chipset)
with 1GB PC3200 RAM.

The root filesystem is a mirror on a 3Ware Escalade 8006-2LP SATA
hardware RAID card.

The panic only occurs when the machine is cold-booted (not on reboot)
when acpi.ko is loaded.

http://home.cyberleo.net/cyberleo/workspace/Zip/Bugs/fbsd-20070716-panic/boot-dump.log

Any ideas what I can do to debug or correct this issue, or of a more
appropriate group with which to communicate?

Thanks!

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo