named and nfs mounts at boot time

Reid Linnemann lreid at cs.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 16 14:12:52 UTC 2007

Written by Tim Daneliuk on 07/13/07 17:29>>
> While we're on the subject of dns ... I have nfs mounts configured in
> /etc/fstab using the host *name*.  When the system boots, it grumbles
> about the name resolution because named has not yet been started.  It
> works fine because, by the time you have a fully booted system, named is
> running and nfs runs happily.
>
> 'Just wondering if there is a way to get the warnings during boot to
> be quiet without resorting to using IP addresses in the fstab nfs
> mount entries...

If the filesystems are not needed until the system is up multiuser, you
could specify the 'late' option on them in fstab, forcing them to be
delayed until /etc/rc.d/mountlate is run after /etc/rc.d/DAEMON has
completed. This will ensure that named is running prior to the mount,
since DAEMON requires SERVERS, which starts named.