www/linux-flashplayer7 - now works with SOUND on youtube

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Jul 12 23:57:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:18:42PM +0100, Jamie Jones wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:19:02 +0000
> > Pollywog <lists-fbsd at shadypond.com> wrote:

> Are you using it with the linux-binary ?
>
> I don't know anyone who has managed to get sound from youtube (other sites are ok)
> with linux-flashplugin7 under a native browser with the pluginwrapper before now!

The Linux Flash plugin is working fine, including sound, on YouTube, with
my FreeBSD-native browser.  I'm using the nspluginwrapper port for a
plugin wrapper (as opposed to the linuxpluginwrapper).

> > > Does that mean Flash9 is a no-go on FreeBSD?
> >
> > It means there's no sound with Flash9.
>
> The flashplugin9 port comes with lofi's compiled "libflashsupport" tuned to OSS,
> so that shouldn't be an issue.
>
> Indeed, I just tried flash9 again, and I do get sound (the other issues with flash9
> are another story)

Yeah . . . Flash 9 is quite broken for me.

Paul Graham: "Real ugliness is not harsh-looking syntax, but having to
build programs out of the wrong concepts."