Mouse deamon problems.

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Thu Jul 12 01:46:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:55:24 +0000
"Desmond Chapman" <que_deseja at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am installing FreeBSD and it does not recognize the USB ports, the
> PS/2 port

What does this mean "FreeBSD does not recognize the USB port..."?
Please send here something more, 'dmesg'/'uname -a' output, etc.

> or even the mouse types: Intellimouse, Microsoft Mouse,
> Generic/Auto.

The same as above.

> How do I go about enabling the mouse daemon? And yes, I
> have tried the set up. It doesn't work. I have tried Xorgcfg and
> Xorgconfig. They don't work.

Now, you are speaking about X.org. Please send the relevant part
of /etc/X11/xorg.conf. (If xorgcfg doesn't work, then your Xorg install
is bad -- please describe how you installed Xorg, etc.)

> Note: the mouse protocols will work for Linux distributions.

For something simple like mouse setup, I'd first think that I do
something wrong before I share with others such a useful insight.

Nikola Lečić