What about Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE

Tommy Rehn tommy.rehn1 at comhem.se
Wed Jul 11 17:16:20 UTC 2007

Hello

I have a  Creative SoundBlaster Audigy SE soundcard that works fine with
the Fedora Core 7. But as I want to run FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE instead of
linux I wonder why we can't use this soundcard in BSD.

Is there an understandable workaround?

 From the         FreeBSD/i386 6.2-RELEASE Hardware Notes
The snd_emu10k1(4) driver supports the following sound cards:,,
   *,,      Creative SoundBlaster Live! (EMU10K1 Chipset),
  *,,      Creative SoundBlaster Audigy (EMU10K2 Chipset),
  *,,      Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (EMU10K2 Chipset),
  *,,      Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (EMU10K3 Chipset)

I hope to get a positive answer.

All the very best!

Tommy  Rehn

Stockholm