sshd config config file question

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:18:46 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Huy Ton That <huyslogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it was unhashed. Thanks for pointing it out though. But the strange
> thing is when I run:
>
> /etc/rc.d/sshd status
>
> I get no message
>
> No message for start, restart, reload etc. I am performing these commands as
> root.
>
> Any ideas?

(couple things, please don't top post, and be sure to keep
questions at freebsd.org cc'd on this thread so others can help you)

i'm not sure what you mean about "no message".  make sure you have
sshd_enabled="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf.

also check to see if sshd is running by using "ps".  if it is not, try
starting it by hand - this will tell you if there are any errors on
startup.  once it starts cleanly by hand then use the init script in
/etc/rc.d/sshd.

the man page for sshd is very helpful, and should answer many of the
questions you may have - including how to start the daemon by hand,
etc..  type:
man sshd

-p

--