php 4.3.10, manual installation

zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Mon Jul 9 16:53:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

I currently have php 4.4.7 on my FBSD machine but due to some requirements
I need to downgrade to php 4.3.10. It will be for an offline machine so I
am not worried about possible security holes but I would like to ask how
you would advise me to downgrade?

1. Delete php using pkg_delete?
2. Unpack 4.3.10 sources and... yes... what should I do here?

Just copy them where php gets installed by default?

I am not able to use port for this (I usually install all software via
portinstall) as this version is no longer maintained.

But I'd appreciate your help. I do not want to make mess on this machine as
I have it quite nicely customized so I thought I'd ask for your advice.

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot