severely OT; re PUTTY [ssh]

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jul 9 09:33:30 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:57:26 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

> 	wHat I was tying to do what scp a kf141.exe here on "tao"
> 	over to my daughter's peecee to get her W2K key/number.
> 	I didn't buy the W2K and when I junk the computer I want to
> 	use the OS.   The error was a permissions type yelp from
> 	the PC

not very specific...

>.  I logged out as her, then discovered that she already
> 	was "administrator."

where do you end if you symply SSH to the machine? what path? If you SSH into it, can you create a file there?
can you CD to another path, such as c:\windows\temp\

what is the actual cmd when you scp to the machine? the actual paths,etc.

why dont you scp from the w2k ? eg,

c:\windows\temp\> scp unix_user at unixbox:/path/to/magic.exe .

why dont you upload the file to a webserver and download from there?
why not email it to yourself ...etc...etc

> 	gary
>
> 	PS/:  if anybody knows where I can find this "key-finder"
> 	      binary, it'd save lots of steps!

left that world behind some time ago...trying quite hard to stay away from it...
good luck
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough"
  Richard Feynman

Warned.