unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources (irq)

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Jul 5 13:59:16 UTC 2007

在 2007-07-05四的 23:55 +1000,Norberto Meijome写道:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:21:42 +0800
> Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:
>
> >  Others on the forums suggested (in 2003) that I should disable
> > PNP feature in BIOS, which is impossible for me because my old IBM
> > Thinkpad don't offer such config option (the only config option had been
> > change system date/time and start-up-sequence)
>
> Hi Zhang,
> I'm curious - what model iof thinkpad is it?

Thank pad 380XD, press F1 to enter BIOS. I used it since many years ago
first with 4.7, later with 5.1 and 6.2. Shamed to still be a newbie
after so many years. I mostly use terminal on it for various tasks.

> what you describe (as only being able to set the date and the startup sequence)
> seems to indicate you dont have admin access to the BIOS...but i could be
> wrong...

I guess I need some type of Windows 95 or MS DOS utility issued by IBM
in order to do any change in BIOS settings. At least that's what I
recall when I get it. Too many years passed and I am not sure now.