BIND to listen on all interfaces?

Christoph Schug chris+freebsd-questions at schug.net
Wed Jul 4 21:26:14 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007, Nejc Škoberne wrote:

> I also tried to specify the ADSL IP address in named.conf (it is static),
> but it is
> still a no go. I don't have such problems with other daemons! Any ideas?

Is the interface already up when you are starting BIND? I guess it is
not. I haven't tested myself but you might try to add the very same IP
you use for your ADSL interface as an alias to the lo0 device. This way
the IP is available all the time, thus BIND should be able to listen
on it. While it might look strange to have to same IP on two different
interfaces (lo0 and ADSL in your case) IIRC it should work flawlessly.
Just give it a try and report back if it works or not.

-cs