pam_ldap issues

Thierry Lacoste lacoste at miage.univ-paris12.fr
Wed Jul 4 09:43:22 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 09:35, Eric Masson wrote:
> Thierry Lacoste <lacoste at miage.univ-paris12.fr> writes:
>
> Hello,
>
> > I have a very similar setting on 6.1
> > Maybe you have an ACL problem (see below).
> > What does the following command give?
> > ldapsearch -x -D "cn=testuser,ou=people,dc=interne,dc=example,dc=org" -W
>
> The command asks for an ldap password that I type but, the result is :
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49).
>
> I've double checked the password and reinitialized the ldap database,
> but no change atm.
Simplify your slapd.conf as much as possible.
When the above ldapsearch works throw in changes step by step.
In particular you should probably start with ACLs like these:

access to attrs=userPassword
       by anonymous auth
       by self write
       by * none

access to * by * read

Add "loglevel 128" to your slapd.conf to log access control list processing.

BTW what does ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Manager, dc=interne, dc=example, dc=org" -W
give?

Regards,
Thierry