flash

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Tue Jul 3 03:57:02 UTC 2007

On Sun, July 1, 2007 2:25 pm, kalin mintchev wrote:
> and which port do i exactly install to be able to whach flash video?
> i did the /usr/ports/www/flashplugin-mozilla - didn't work. the other
> one
> is marked as broken...
> now that cnn moved to that i can't watch it anymore and i have never
> been
> able to see any of the videos on youtube....  what do i need?

"Need" is relative, but personally, I stopped installing Flash even
operating systems where it actually sort of works, albeit sucking down
CPU and RAM like there's no tomorrow, and crashing on a semi-regular
basis...

I found my surfing experience vastly improved without Flash.

Formerly dog-slow sites are much faster.

And there isn't any content I've felt deprived to not get.

Obviously, folks who spend their free time (or work-time :-)) watching
youtube would feel differently, but...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?