Problem with a NIC in FBSD 6.2

PU uthoffp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:44:29 UTC 2007

Thank you all, for your replies. After messing around and trying a few
things (including messing with the BIOS settings by disabling serial and
parallel ports as well as manually setting IRQs), I ended up taking out one
of the Netgear cards and putting in an old 3com 3c905 that I had sitting
around. Once I did that, I was able to install with no problem and all the
cards are recognized with no conflicts.

And, to answer Iams question: It's for a firewall. :)

Thanks much,

Peter