FreeBSD Torrent Server

Javier Henderson javier at kjsl.com
Wed Jan 31 13:24:12 UTC 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 3:44 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> The FreeBSD server operators don't pay a dime for bandwidth and
> if the bandwidth supplier for freebsd.org made the slightest complaint
> about the bandwidth they are donating, there's a passel of ISP's and
> networks that would fight each other for the chance of the feather
> in the
> cap that hosting freebsd.org is.

What, exactly, is the benefit to an ISP to wear such a feather?

I realize it presents an image of good will, but I wonder how said
benefits compare to the cost of providing the hosting, between
bandwidth, power, and rack space.

Beyond that, showing appreciation for their donation, however small
or big it may be, would be nice, no?

-jav