Labeling a backward-compatible Zip disk?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Wed Jan 31 01:21:00 UTC 2007

Out of idle curiosity, I dug out my old box of Zip disks (mainly consisting of
backups of an Amiga computer I sold many years ago).  The FreeBSD docs have
an excellent howto for making UFS-formatted disks, but I'd really like to
format a disk that's basically identical to how it would have originally
shipped.  The biggest problem is that I have no idea what partitioning scheme
the OEM-formatted disks used.  Any ideas?  Also, should I use any particular
newfs options?

OK, this isn't the most pressing issue in the world.  I'm just wanting to
re-visit the height of 1996's technology.
--
Kirk Strauser