Sendmail Weirdness on 6.2 (Duplicate Emails)

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Jan 30 23:18:32 UTC 2007

This may be from badly formed headers.  This occurs most often in
SPAM.  You can change the logging on your sendmail and see if the
conversations actually complete.  I would bet they are not completing,
instead erroring out, so the messages get resent.  The usual fix is to
clear the mail out of the hot mail or similar accounts.

         -Derek

At 02:52 PM 1/30/2007, Tom Grove wrote:
>It seems as though something in my setup or in Sendmail 8.13.8 is causing
>certain domains, namely Hotmail, to keep sending messages over and over up
>to 15 times.  Each message is accepted and sent to the user.  The MX is
>just a machine that has 6.2, spamassassin, clamav, milter-regex and some
>dnsbl stuff.  It then relays mail to the imap/pop server for user
>retrieval.  I have no idea what could be going on here.
>
>Anyone else had similar issues?
>
>-Tom
>
>--
>believed to be clean.