how to enable linux flash player in firefox

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Tue Jan 30 18:23:48 UTC 2007

Andreas Davour wrote:
> I did try to set up my environment like you described. But, in the
> listarchive the ftp site you mentioned is scrambled. Could you please
> repost it? The site I used didn't have many of the packages.

I suppose you are talking about PKG_SITES.  I use this Norwegian mirror:

ftp://ftp.no.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/

The procedure seemed to be fairly intelligent, with portinstall
searching /All and /Latest and sometimes going into packages-6.2-release
if some package could not be found.

But it needs to said that many installs failed with missing packages.
At any rate, I downloaded gentoo, worker, xnview and some other things
with portinstall -PPR.  And I have no idea whether any of this meant
anything for flash.
--
    Tore