PF and MAC-Filtering ?

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Mon Jan 29 13:31:05 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get my FreeBSD gateway with PF firewall to only allow
acces to my network and internet from a couple computers through MAC
filtering. I couldn't realy find out what rules I should use; From the
information I found on google I tried something like this but it seems
that PF doesn't see the entrie(s) in my mac-table as a mac adres: ( only
pasted the related rules ) :

block log

### Only allow WLAN connections from trusted Systems::
table <wlanmacs> persist file "/usr/local/etc/pf/wlanmacs"
pass in  on $wlanif from src <wlanmacs> to any keep state
pass out on $wlanif from any to src <wlanmacs> keep state

with in /usr/local/etc/pf/wlanmacs one Mac adres on each line; example:

00:0b:7b:23:33:25

As I said it doesn't seem that PF gets that it should treat the entries
in the table as mac-adresses. How can I do that ? Or is there a better
way to achieve the same result  ?

Regards,

--
-Frank Staals