Issues with mpt driver

Thaddeus Quintin thadman08 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 17:19:37 UTC 2007

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to get an install done of FreeBSD 6.2 on a Dell PowerEdge
SC1435 w/ a Dell SAS 5 adapter (Made by LSI).  The mpt driver detects
this correctly, but as soon as I do something that involves a stream
of disk activity (like update the ports tree), it goes into a frenzy,
reporting a constant stream of-

Attempting to abort req [REQ INFO]
abort of req [REQ INFO] completed

into the syslog.

This is an AMD Opteron system and I've tried it with AMD64 and i386
and both have the same result.

Are there any immediate, obvious solutions for such a thing? Even a
complicated solution would be ok at this point!

What  other information might I need to provide to help you out?

Thanks to all-
Thaddeus