Qlogic QMH2462 Fibre Channel on HP Blade Servers

Greg Himes greg at chlgroup.com
Wed Jan 24 18:13:19 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I'm trying to install 6.2 Release on an HP blade,
but the isp driver doesn't recognize the new Qlogic
fibre channel adapters.  I also tried stopping at the
boot loader and manually loading /boot/kernel/isp.ko,
but the fibre channel still doesn't work.

Because of the way the blades are managed, I can't
capture the device info at boot time.  However,
they are seen as serial fibre channel devices by pci.

Is there a patch for isp forthcoming?  Any suggestions?

(I'm only subscribed to freebsd-isp, so please copy me
with any replies)

Greg