autostart apache

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:19:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

,

> >I would like Apache2 to start automatically when FreeBSD is done booting.
> >I thought that would happen because I placed this inside /etc/rc.conf
> >
> >apache_enable="YES"

you cannot start any of the apache2x family like that in FreeBSD, that is
for apache13, for apache2x you need to specify apache2_enable="YES" or
apache22_enable="YES" in the rc.conf file... depending on which apache you
have installed, also, check /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh (it can be
apache2.sh as well) and look out for lines that look like the rc.conf enable
settings, that should guide you on how to include it in your rc.conf

>But that doesn't seem to be the case. It doesn't start automatically, I
> have

make those changes above and you should have no problem

Regards
--

Mike

--
Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.