apache exiting on signal 6

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Sat Jan 20 11:05:28 UTC 2007

Joe Auty wrote:

> I've also seen some info which suggests that this might be an Apache bug
> of some sort, but I've seen this in both Apache 1.3 and 2.0. Right now,
> I'm running 2.0.59 with eAccelerator.
>
> I guess the next step might be to try disabling eAccelerator... I'll let
> you know if this helps. In the meantime, if you have any other
> suggestions they would be welcome!

You're using PHP as an Apache module, right?
The closest thing I've come to is that there's a long-standing bug in
PHP or in its interaction with FreeBSD. Yes, disabling eAccelerator
might help, but what will probably help you most is to convert your
setup to fastcgi (with mod_fcgid) - beware that this might subtly break
some PHP applications (it's say about 5% of them rely on mod_php
features). Also, you might want to try changing the order in which PHP
extensions are loaded (google for many threads on this subject).