Libcap Installation Question

linux quest linuxquest7570 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 05:51:13 UTC 2007

When I am trying to install 'ngrep' in UNIX by issuing the 'make install clean' command in the ' /usr/ports/ngrep location ', I got an 'Error code 1'. It also states that there is a dependencies for pcap.2 which is not found in ' /usr/ports/net/libcap '

So, I go to '/usr/ports/net/libcap' - with the intention to issue a 'make install clean' command. However, UNIX gave me a message that there is no such file or directory.

Any ideas, how I may be able to install libcap for UNIX? Thanks.

Regards,
Linux Quest