How to install the 3945ABG Driver on a fresh FreeBSD 6.2 install?

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 11:19:39 UTC 2007

Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Daniel Tourde <daniel.tourde at spray.se> wrote:
>> Hello again,
>
> Hi Daniel,
>

>> I built it. It works but it complains and sometimes it shuts down
>> itself...
> About the complains, see below..
> What do you mean by it shuts down itself? Does the link goes down?
> Does the module unloads? ...
>
>> That would be nice to know where to report the error messages
>
> The driver was written by
> Damien Bergamini <damien<dot>bergamini<at>free.fr>

Just so you know, Damien no longer develops this driver, to quote from
an email to the freebsd-net mailing list
[http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/net/2006-11/msg00076.html]

"I just don't want to hear complaints from users if it doesn't work.
I don't provide any "support" for the FreeBSD version of wpi(4)."

A shame but thats why the new driver is being developed. (hope it gets
backported to 6.x)

Vince