Flash 9

Chad Gross avatar4d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:20:09 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Bachilo Dmitry <bocha at academ.org> wrote:

> В сообщении от Четверг 18 января 2007 09:15 Naim написал(a):

> > > Does it work for anyone though? I just installed it and it gets no
> sound
> > > or it freezes depending on the site.
> >
> > I have the same situation, no sound!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Rico
>
> Don't you guys know? There would not be any sound, because linux flash 9
> uses
> ALSA, not OSS. If there would be some wrapper sometime, we will hear the
> flash, if there would not be such thing, we would not.
>
> --
> ------------------------
> С уважением, Бачило Дмитрий
> Руководитель отдела системной интаграции
> ООО "Компания Солинк"
> --
> With Best Regards, Bachilo Dmitry
> Head of systems integration dept
> Solink Company Ltd.

I do see the reason behind the sound under the system requirements at
Adobe's website.

I am wondering if it is crashing/freezing due to not using RHEL or SUSE as
the compatibility layer. Has anyone testing Flash 9 under the default Linux
environment and had it work? Has anyone tried it under the Gentoo base in
ports and been successful? Or is it failing for everyone else too?

Regards,

Chad