Subject: Re: Execute script every time a specified user logs in (FreeB SD 6.1)

gs_stoller at juno.com gs_stoller at juno.com
Thu Jan 18 02:47:11 UTC 2007

 A simple technique is to have  /etc/profile  check for user  X  and for him
source another file (containing the commands which  X  can't modify).  Have  root
own this file and allow all others to only read and execute it.   sudo  is unnecessary.
This is inelegant in that it has a general and widely used file look for special cases,
but that is something that almost all programs do.  This inelegancy is present in other
places in  UNIX .
The text of the preceding emails is attached.