Daylight savings time / 6.1 and 4.11

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Wed Jan 17 00:10:02 UTC 2007

> On Jan  16, 2007, at Tuesday, Jan16, 2007 1:59 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:
>
> > Since it's not a security issue, I doubt the new zone files will go
> > into any -p# branch.  If you were tracking the main branches (RELENG_4
> > or RELENG_6) instead of a -RELEASE branch (RELENG_4_11 or RELENG_6_1),
> > you would have them, though.  Quickest fix would be to install the
> > misc/zoneinfo port, which doesn't care what release you're running.
>
> Whoa there?!  Are you telling me that when I use cvsup with
> the following supfile I am only getting security fixes?
>
> *default tag=RELENG_6_1
> *default host=cvsup14.FreeBSD.org
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix

From
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html:

RELENG_6_1
     The release branch for FreeBSD-6.1, used only for security advisories
and other critical fixes

I'm sure a case could be made with regard to updated timezone information
being "critical" -- but since a port exists for timezone information, there
is less of a need to push this into the release branch.

--
Matt Emmerton