Sysinstall: No Floppy Devices Found

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Tue Jan 16 19:31:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Kevin Kobb wrote:

> I have found that when I do an install with an install.cfg file on a floppy,
> I must insert the floppy right after the system begins to boot from CD. If I
> don't when I tell sysinstall to read the floppy I get an error.

I've found the floppy works okay when I escape to the bootloader, so I can
load my KLD at that time.

> As a work around, if I go into the options and select rescan for hardware
> devices (not sure if that is the exact wording) after inserting the floppy
> disk, it will work OK as well. Might be worth a try.

I'll be sure to try that, thanks.  Any idea why it's not found initially,
tho?  I mean, the CONTROLLER is found, so...

Is this the type of thing I should send-pr over?

-Dan

--

"Be happy.  Try not to hurt each other.  Hope you fall in love."

--Mallory, Family Ties Finale (on the meaning of life)