Confused with jails (ezjail) and mergemaster

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Tue Jan 16 16:08:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 09:08:07AM -0500, Dave wrote:
> [...]
No, I didn't get any responses.  After more analysis, I reasoned that
one must run mergemaster on the "basejail" and on each individual jail.
It's a lot of work, but it appears that's the only way.

> On a separate subject do you have ports in any of your jails as in the
> ports tree? If so how did you pull that off?  Thanks.

I use portupgrade so I needed to add the following to /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
+  ENV['PACKAGES'] ||= '/var/ports/packages'
+  ENV['PKG_PATH'] ||= '/var/ports/packages/All'
+  ENV['PKG_BACKUP_DIR'] ||= '/var/tmp/pkg_backup'
+  ENV['PORTS_INDEX'] ||= '/var/ports/INDEX'

HTH

--
Regards,
Doug