nfs server not working with 6.2-RELEASE

Jonathan Horne sharazjek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 21:05:38 UTC 2007

updated my NFS server to 6.2-RELEASE last night.  today, i find that freebsd
or linux clinets alike, are all getting:

athena:/usr/src: RPCPROG_MNT: RPC: Timed out

i cant think of what to check.  the nfs server has this in the /etc/rc.conf:

rpcbind_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
mountd_flags="-r"

my uname:
FreeBSD athena.dfwlp.com 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12
19:53:23 CST 2007     root at athena.dfwlp.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ATHENA
i386

my /etc/exports:
[root at athena ~]# cat /etc/exports
/usr -alldirs -maproot=root -network=192.168.1 -mask=255.255.255.0
/opt -alldirs -maproot=root -network=192.168.1 -mask=255.255.255.0

frustrating as all get out, as im troubleshooting another totally enigmatic
problem on both of my linux servers (which i wont bother to post about
here).  but since my BSD box is my file server, im needing to get into those
NFS mounts, so one problem is preventing the other from being solved.

if anyone can help me shed light on this, i would really appreciated it.

thanks,
jonathan