Please Help! How to STOP them...

Anuj Singh anujhere at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 12:42:02 UTC 2007

Hiee,
Greetings,
I tried port knocking thing with Linux box,

Port knocking is a technique whereby attempting to connect to port A
enables access to port B from that same host.

Port knocking can be the solution for this. Tried with Linux iptables
only, I wonder if the similar thing can be done on beastie IPF, I am
very new with FreeBSD. But port knocking on Linux I tried and worked
well.

For a basic layout I am giving this link(this is based on Iptables - but
can give a basic layout for implementing the same thing on Beastie).
http://www.soloport.com/iptables.html

Anuj