is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Fri Jan 12 21:32:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 07:40:22AM -0800, Josef Grosch wrote:

> While I do agree that FreeBSD does need work, the big pebble in my shoe
> right now is a journaling file system (try doing a fsck on a 1TB file
> system)

If you want journalling file system then the thing to do is to check out
-current, try out the journalling file system that it's had for the last
couple of months and send bug reports when it misbehaves.

Failing that it will eventually find its way into -stable when we assume
that the lack of bug reports means that it works ok for people, whereupon
you can all come here and bitch about how shit it is.

Your call, people.

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere