How to clear strage route in routing table?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Jan 11 18:12:43 UTC 2007

Patrick Dung wrote:
 > Suppose I have mistype a command:
 > # route add 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1

So you swapped gateway and netmask.  Nasty mistake.  :-)

It's usually better to use CIDR notation (with a slash
followed by the number of network bits), to avoid any
confusion.  It's also less typing.
# route add 192.168.3.0/24 192.168.3.1

 > There is a strange routing table and I am unable to remove it unless
 > reboot:
 >
 > 192.168.0&0xc0a80301 255.255.255.0      UGS         0       86   fxp0

How did you try to remove it (exact comand line, please),
and what was the error message that you got?  You should
enter exactly the same line you used to add the route,
only replace "add" with "delete".

It works fine for me, so I assume you did a syntax error
when trying to remove it.

Best regards
   Oliver

"The last good thing written in C was