is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Jeff Mohler speedtoys.racing at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:59:58 UTC 2007

Yes, they dont solve this whatsoever.  Its a severely broken code
issue in the attr caching mechanism.

Honest..give it a shot.  Even with very very slow ATA, local builds of
the kernel or world are faster than over 1G NFS to an F6000 series
filer, and the filer will still thrash on WAFL metadata requests for
the client, cuz everytime ../.. walks somewhere the client knows
nothing and it's all sent over the wire again.  Over and over and
over.

Thats as much as I understand about it, freebsd-fs has great detail on
this "bug".