Dell PE 1950 - Only seeing 3.2 gigs of ram

Dak Ghatikachalam dghatikachalam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 01:38:19 UTC 2007

if you calculate the 32bit addressing capability

2^32 -1  = 4294967296 - 1   = 4GB -1 you could counter I/O space, IRQ space
for all the devices attached.

I have heard something like parity interleave(I may be misspelling that
word, but sounds close), you can knock off some more memory for this, and
something like memory hole,  you should knock off some more memory
for this.,  sometimes video card also steal  memory for acceleration, how
much of it all depends.

regards
Dak