is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:03:02 UTC 2007

On 1/10/07, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 01:12:46AM -0600, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> > On 1/10/07, Rico Secada <coolzone at io.dk> wrote:

> > >So you need people to work freely, without any pay, to make things work
> > >for you, so you can complain when something isn't working like you
> > >want it to!? So you can get real things done!?
> > >
> > >If you have a business to manage, and just need this to work, made by
> > >people who contribute for free, maybe its time you start to pay someone!?
> > >

> > Repost:
> > I'm more then willing to pay real money to support the sub-projects
> > that are of interest to me. I need to see some real progress being
> > made in return though. Feel free to start working on any of the
> > problems I listed. When you have something to show me I'll send some
> > cash. Maybe core needs to make it easier to direct are funds to the
> > sub-projects of are choice and still qualify it as a deductible
> > expense.
>
> You know how unconvincing that sounds, right?  What successful
> projects have you paid the authors for after the fact, in the past?

Ok then. Start with a written plan with measurable goals and
milestones. As far as passed sub-projects I've helped fund... not many
as it's not tax deductible. And If I send money to the main project
(this is tax deductible) I have no control over the distribution of my
funds to the people or sub-projects I want to support. It's a no win
situation. Solve it and you'll solve your funding problems. How does
Linux handle these types of funding issues?