How to prevent a filesystem from getting checked by fsck?

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Wed Jan 10 03:03:24 UTC 2007

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Have a server  with 3 large filesystems.
> I would like to have only one checked by fsck and mounted.
> The other two I want to fsck and mount manually.
>
> Is it enough to change options to "rw,noauto" and pass to 0 for the two
> I don't want mounted or fscked?

See "man 5 fstab":

	If the option ``noauto'' is specified, the file system will not
	be auto-matically mounted at system startup.

and

	If the sixth field is not present or is zero, a value of zero is
      	returned and fsck(8) will assume that the file system does not
	need to be checked.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>