is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Peter Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 00:06:14 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, January 09, 2007, at 02:38PM, "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:
>Why then? Are you guys ever going to do something about Xorg DRI/DRM
>for Radeon cards, Java, and Flash support? More importantly:

Why is another project's problems FreeBSD's problem?
Xorg isn't even in the base system.

If you install a port, that is your problem, but my server runs great without Xorg
and Xorg is not part of FreeBSD.  It will run on FreeBSD, but that is like
blaming Apple for Windows Media Player problems on Mac OS X.

>2. Fix SATA RAID driver problems?

If you buy a quality SATA Raid card, with quality support, this isn't an
issue.  3ware regularly updates the drivers for their cards and
regularly commits their updates back into the base system.  Buy
a cheep card, get cheep support, buy a quality card, get quality
support.

>Why should I continue using FreeBSD when the project never delivers on
>it promises?

Why do you blame FreeBSD for other project's problems?