FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE and nfe ?

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 22:07:07 UTC 2007

Frank Staals wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am running a FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE machine with a MSI K8N SLI-F
> mainboard, it has problems with the nve driver so I searched around on
> the internet and found this site about the nfe driver:
> http://www.se.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html .
> Allthough there were no files for 6.1-RELEASE. Are there specific files
> or instructions for installing on 6.1-RELEASE. I'm not too fond of
> upgrading my system at this point and when I tried using the
> 6.2-PRERELEASE files I came upon these errors during the 'make' when
> rebuilding my kernel:

I have
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1756 30 Oct 09:13 e1000phy.patch
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  15730 30 Oct 09:13 nfe-20060905.tar.gz
which I think are for 6.1 which i can email you if you want to risk

1) I am bad and will hack your box
2) there is some innate stupidity in using them.

The e10000phy.patch is for Marvell 88E1000 PHY variants, don't know
what's on your board.

I use i386 but I don't think there were separate versions for 64 bit

Chris