Permissions Question

Jay Chandler chandler at chapman.edu
Mon Jan 8 18:35:59 UTC 2007

Sorry for the dumb question this morning-- caffeine hasn't yet worked
its wondrous magic upon my person.

I've got a user who needs to be able to view (read only) the aliases
file.  We'll grant him root access a few weeks after the eventual
heat-death of the universe, so how would you all go about doing this?

I've considered allowing him to run a local copy of the praliases
command, but that chokes on the /etc/mail/aliases permissions...

To complicate things, the file /etc/mail/aliases is actually an NFS
mounted file shared between all our mx boxes, and he only needs to
access it from a designated machine.

Thoughts?  My apologies if this is unclear...

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: I'm sorry a pentium won't do, you need an SGI to connect with us.