ipmon group and rule

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Sun Jan 7 03:43:32 UTC 2007

I'm trying to understand the logs that ipmon is generating. Looking at
the ipmon manpage, I see that the group and rule line are given.

Jan  6 22:39:42 kanga ipmon[182]: 22:39:41.827406 tun0 @0:5 b
216.98.226.44,1335 -> 216.106.102.70,135 PR tcp len 20 48 -S IN

So, this is coming in the tun0 interface, and it matches group @0, rule 5?

Looking at the output of "ipfstat -ni", there is no group zero. So,
it's a rule without a group, such as this one?

block in quick all

I'm trying to understand why this is being blocked.

Thanks,
Mike
--Albert Einstein