wireless help

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 01:33:16 PST 2007

Have you tried read this section of the handbook yet?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

BTW, if you are using WEP (though WEP isn't really secure), then you
shouldn't use wpa_supplicant.

Are you sure that you are using WPA, not WEP? It seems like that you
have a WEP key, not a WPA key.

2007/1/4, Juan Ortega <replay at sdf.lonestar.org>:
> Hi im having trouble setting up my PCI card to connect to my access point
> I have freeBSD-RC2-RELEASE
> The driver I installed for it using ndis
> when I enter the command "ifconfig ndis0 up scan"
> it shows my access point
>
> I tried ifconfig, and wpa_supplicant to configure it but dosent work
>
> Heres what I have need to configure it to;
>
> Infrastructue Mode
> SSID: 2WIRE701
> BSSID: 00:14:95:c6:af:91
> Authmode: SHARED
> WEP-KEY: 2205801095
> Channel: 6
>
> I'm not sure what weptxkey for my access point is,
> if I need it, anyways I can know?
>
> for the IP, cant DHCP set one up for it?
>

> how do I put all that in ifconfig or wpa_supplicant
> to make it connect?
>

> replay at sdf.lonestar.org

sunnz.net - sunnz.com - sunnz.org