Easier way to install on 3ware 9550 card?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Jan 3 09:31:57 PST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

> Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I have a new system with NO FLOPPY CONTROLLER and a 3ware 9550 card.  It's
>> a 1u system -- sticking extra things into PCI slots as a workaround is
>> likely to be impossible.
>
> I don't think you need a driver - it's already there.
> apropos 3ware
> twa(4)- 3ware 9000/9500/9550 series SATA RAID controllers driver
> twe(4)- 3ware 5000/6000/7000/8000 series PATA/SATA RAID adapter driver

Oh I'm sorry, then why didn't I just install the OS?  Because it said "no
drives found!"

The card doesn't probe at boot, and there's an elaborate howto on 3ware's
site that describes HOW to get it to probe at boot.

While I myself stated that the driver DOES appear to be in the base, for
whatever reason the kernel on the install CD doesn't include it, nor the
ability to kldload a module from anyplace easy.

-Dan

--

"SOY BOMB!"

-The Chest of the nameless streaker of the 1998 Grammy Awards' Bob Dylan
Performance.