mysql50-server on FreeBSD 6.2 w/ LINUX_THREADS?

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:00:17 UTC 2007

> Is it still advisable to build the mysql50-server on FreeBSD 6.2 using
> the LINUX_THREADS option? I'm using the SMP kernel on an older dual
> 1.0GHz Pentium III. This page <http://wiki.freebsd.org//MySQL>
> suggests that the libthr library in FreeBSD 6.x is optimized for MySQL
> and perhaps better than using linuxthreads.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hi Patrick,

We're running several MySQL databases on FreeBSD 6.1 and 6.2 RELEASE
and we don't use LINUX_THREADS. So far  so good as they say.

Concerning MySQL performance on FreeBSD, I recently saw this article
which could be of interest to you:

Linux vs FreeBSD using mysql and sysbench
http://jeffr-tech.livejournal.com/5705.html

Aside from a potential holy flame war from FreeBSD vs Linux, this
article does present you with an interesting my.cnf configuration
file. Maybe that could interest you?

Have fun,

David
--