FDISK output question -- OT

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 28 15:04:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:09 am, DAK GHATIKACHALAM wrote:
> Hi Freebsd
>
> Question about FDISK
>
> Do you have an idea what does that  '+' means in  Blocks
> columns
>
> as seen below it is 419425019+
>
> Does it signify anything  , because for certain disks I do not
> see that '+' as the end of blocks?

I believe you are posting to the wrong list. This list is about
FreeBSD which is a form of BSD unix -- not Linux.

The extraneous '+' is a characteristic of the Linux version of
fdisk. I believe it indicates that the indicated 52216 units do
not exactly correspond to the 419425019 blocks (but I'm not a
Linux expert). I believe there is also an option to show more
detail.

Switch to expert mode with 'x' before the 'p' enquiry.

Malcolm