Outlook With FreeBSD IMAP

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Tue Feb 27 05:32:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007, Juha Saarinen wrote:
>On 2/27/07, Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
>>Unforunately you (and many others on the list) have missed the point I
>>think. The OP said that he was stuck with outlook because of his pda
>>syncing, and there definitely isn't a means available (or at least a
>>good, popular one -- I know I'm inviting flames from KDE / Gnome
>>lovers..), in Unix for PDA syncing because everyone chooses Windows. Bleh..
>>
>>Even OSX doesn't have a good mobile device syncing tool and it's
>>lightyears ahead of what Gnome and KDE have in some respects.

I glad I didn't know that after dropping my last cell phone in
the crapper.  The display was toast, but it was alive enough that
I could use iSync on my OS X box to grab all the phone info and
load it into my new phone.  If I had known that OS X didn't have
this capability, I couldn't have done this.  FWIW, this was about
three years ago.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

"If taxation without consent is robbery, the United States government
has never had, has not now, and is never likely to have, a single honest
dollar in its treasury." -- Lysander Spooner, Letter to Grover Cleveland 1886